Have you planned what you are doing for your
67 Minutes for Mandela Day?
How about co-ordinating a collection of any of the following items, at either your work place, church, tennis clubs, circle of friends etc
- Tinned Foods: Include jam, fish,meat, vegetables, beans
- Peanut Butter
- Maize Meal
- Long life Milk
- Stock Cubes
- Packet Soups
- Cooldrink concentrate
- Washing Powder
Boys who have been through our Rehabilitation Program and are reunified with their families go onto our After Care Program. Monthly house visits are done, checking that the children are on the right track, and not considering going back to the streets. Families on our After Care program are provided with a food parcel each month. This helps to alleviate the problem of poverty as well as keeping a check on the child who has been reunified.
We monitor the children to ensure they are on track and do not find their way back to the street. They enter our Aftercare program once they have been reunified with their families
- Enrol in a local school – supply school uniform and stationery.
- Monthly home checks to ensure children are on the right track and don’t return to the streets
- School visits to ensure all good at school
- Provide families with monthly food parcels to alleviate poverty
- Provide families with blankets in winter
- Hold Effective Parenting Workshops